Layering is a skin care regime that includes different steps and products. Beautiful and radiant skin is something that everyone dreams of!
There are so many external factors like pollution and other harmful chemicals that damage the look and appearance of our skin. Also, with age, it is natural for the skin to lose its elasticity and glow resulting in a dull and wrinkled skin. Every day numerous skincare products hit the market but unfortunately, most of these products fail to deliver the results desired. In fact, some of the products have harmful chemicals that can damage the skin even further. So what is the solution?
Well, the art of layering is the best skin care regime to protect your skin and minimise the effects of ageing.
The steps are:
- Makeup removal with oil (only at night)
- Day or Night cream
It’s a practice of following all these steps regularly, layering, which is said to result in naturally young and radiant skin. The products one uses for these steps can be bought off the shelves or for even better results, natural products can be used. If you are buying products from the market, you will have the exact application procedure mentioned. If you prefer using natural products, here’s what you can use:
- olive oil, almond oil, argan oil or avocado oil for makeup removal
- soap for cleansing (mild soap and tap water)
- green tea ice cubes – flower water or vinegar as a lotion
- pure aloe vera is a perfect natural serum – note that serum does not substitute a cream
- You can also use an oil suitable for your skin type instead of day or night cream (cocoa oil suits all skin types. Another popular pick is camellia oil)
- potato slices – cucumber – tea bags or pure aloe vera for eyes
Using natural products is any day better as our skin is already exposed to too many harmful chemicals through the day. The skin needs special attention and care or it will only lose its glow with time. Unfortunately, the longer we wait for the more the damage and more the time it needs to get back to radiance. The art of layering as an effective skincare regime has its roots in Japan but has made a global impact today. It works on the skin from the inside, resulting in a natural glow on the outside!
For more advice see our news section or book a free consultation.