At VIVO Clinic, we are now offering a Phlebotomist IgG Antibody Test. When you purchase the Phlebotomist IgG Antibody Test, our qualified Phlebotomists will visit you to take your blood sample if you live in London, the Midlands, Wales, Manchester or Sheffield. Alternatively, you can visit one of our clinics where our Phlebotomist will collect a blood sample.
We use the Abbott coronavirus antibody test which has been evaluated by Public Health England. Please see this report for more information. The test has 100% sensitivity and 99% specificity to SARS-CoV-2. The test determines whether you have previously had the virus.
Once sample collection has taken place, the sample is sent to the CQC registered lab we have partnered with, who carry out Abbott’s IgG Antibody Test using the Architect Machine.
VIVO Clinic are proud to offer an IgG Antibody Test which identifies Immunoglobulin G antibodies related to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. This type of test confirms if you have previously had the coronavirus.
This is a highly accurate test which complies with European standards for medical testing. Once sample collection has taken place, your sample will be analysed by a CQC registered laboratory. At VIVO Clinic, we partner with CQC registered laboratories to be able to offer the best service with exceptionally high standards.
You should book an appointment for your Phlebotomist IgG Antibody Test at least 14 days after symptoms are first present, however, we advise that you wait at least 21 days to allow for a higher antibody detection rate. Please note that if you receive a positive result, this does not mean you are completely immune to COVID-19, and there is a possibility you may be infected with the coronavirus for a second time.
Book your test, and get the answers you need.
- The Abbott IgG testing assay that we use is the second assay to be evaluated by Public Health England for venous blood testing only. Please see the report here.
- Laboratory test by CQC registered laboratory
- Sample collection is performed using medical equipment for IVD (in-vitro diagnostic devices)
- Phlebotomist can visit your home if you are based in London, the Midlands, Wales, Manchester or Sheffield, or you can undergo sample collection at one of our clinics
- The IgG pathology-based solution is 99% accurate for venous blood
- Serology based
- Sample collected in under 10 minutes
- Results in 48 hours (from sample receipt)
Laboratory results provided by London Medical Laboratory. Regulated by the Care Quality Commission. Certificate number: CRT1-4708702735