Italy is open for travel from the EU and some third countries, while domestic restrictions are gradually being lifted.
Can I travel to Italy?
Anyone arriving from the following countries may enter Italy:
- EU member countries
- Schengen member countries
- United Kingdom ??
- Ireland ??
- Andorra ??
- Monaco ??
- Australia ??
- Canada ??
- Georgia ??
- Japan ??
- New Zealand ??
- Rwanda ??
- South Korea ??
- Thailand ??
- Tunisia ??
- Uruguay ??
Family members and partners of Italian citizens may also enter, and will be required to fill a declaration.Anyone arriving to Italy, will be required to fill a travel declaration form
before arrival.All arrivals from Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bosnia Herzegovina, Chile, Kuwait, North Macedonia, Moldova, Oman, Panama, Peru, the Dominican Republic, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia, regardless of citizenship, are banned.
Do I need to go into quarantine when arriving to Italy?
- Anyone arriving to Italy from countries that are not listed above, will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- This requirement applies also for arrivals from Romania, and for partners of Italian citizens wishing to enter the country.
Are COVID-19 tests required to travel to Italy?
Anyone arriving from Spain, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, the Czech Republic, and some areas in France, will be required to present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours, or take one upon arrival, and quarantine until results are in.
Is public transportation open in Italy?
Public transportation in Italy is operating.
Are the restaurants and bars open in Italy?
Restaurants, cafes and bars are open under certain guidelines and protocols, and required to close at 18:00.
Are businesses and attractions open in Italy?
- Most non-essential businesses and attractions in Italy are open under restrictions.
- Night clubs, cinemas, swimming pools and gyms are closed again.
- A nightly curfew is in place in Lazio region, between midnight and 5:00.
- Vatican City is open fo visitors - for more details see the dedicated page
Do I need to wear a face mask in Italy?
Wearing face masks is required in enclosed public places, and when social distancing can't be maintained.--Sources: