What Covid-19 tests can I buy at Vivo Clinic?
VIVO Clinic offers both postal and in-clinic PCR Tests for travel to SOUTH AFRICA, as well as Antigen (Lateral Flow Tests) to check for current infection of COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2). The test results are recognised for travel, and you are provided with a Fit to Fly certificate via email which is what airlines will need for you to fly.
Buy Covid-19 PCR and Antigen tests at – https://vivoclinic.com/shop/tests/.
What are the differences between PCR and Antigen (Lateral Flow Tests)?
Below is a summary:
- With both tests, our clinic experts take nasal and throat swabs
- Both accurately detect and report a current Covid-19 infection
- A PCR test searches for Covid-19 coronavirus RNA. Where this is detected, a positive result is detected
- PCR tests are also available in a RT-PCR format, Vivo Clinic supplies to this standard
- An Antigen test searches for Covid-19 antigens
- An Antigen test has a lower cost out of the two and although highly reliable, has a lower accuracy level than a PCR test
How do I find a Vivo clinic near to me?
Visit https://book.vivoclinic.com/ and you can view all Vivo clinics.
Do I have to take a Covid-19 test to travel?
Travelling abroad requires proof that you are free of Covid-19. Negative results from PCR or Antigen Covid-19 tests will be sent a fit-to-fly certificate.
Can I book tests for me and my family?
Yes! Book, for up to six people at a time.
What is a fit-to-fly certificate?
A fit-to-fly certificate contains all the information you need to prove your Covid-19 health status and your “fitness to fly”.
Do you need an instant Fit-to-Fly certificate for your South Africa trip? (e.g., urgent business trip, visiting a relative, etc.) In urgent situations, you should buy our premium service. With this service, we will instantly send your fit-to-fly certificate via email and SMS, with an easy-validation QR code.
Will Vivo Clinic send me a fit-to-fly certificate?
Provided your PCR or Antigen test result is negative, YES. Our CQC registered lab will email your results to you.
What information will the fit-to-fly certificate contain?
The Fit to Fly travel certificate provided to you will include your full name, date of birth, laboratory and test credentials, passport number, time and date of sample, and time and date of the report. This should be all the airports and South African clearance authorities need.
Can I order a PCR or Antigen home test?
Yes, Vivo Clinic sell lots of home tests, buy them at these links – PCR test kits and Antigen test kits. Buy these tests online and use them for home testing. Home tests are every bit as effective as an in-clinic test and give what you will need for your trip to South Africa.
Is your laboratory certified or regulated?
Yes, the Vivo Clinic laboratory is registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission. Our certificate number is CRT1-4708702735.
How long do in-clinic test appointments take?
Allow about fifteen minutes for your appointment, start to finish.
What happens at the test appointment?
Here is an appointment overview:
- The appointment takes about 15 minutes
- Nasal and throat swabs are collected by Vivo Clinic staff
- We need to complete a form containing contact and personal information
- A fit-to-fly certificate will be produced from information provided at the appointment
- Our experienced staff are available throughout the appointment for support and guidance
Do I need to bring my passport to the clinic?
Yes, a valid in date passport is needed for the named person completing the test.
I recently tested positive for Covid-19; can I still visit the clinic?
If you have been infected recently with Covid-19 to be safe you should order home tests for your South Africa trip at these links – Antigen and PCR. Equally, if you have symptoms or are currently self-isolating, we also recommend home tests.
Do you publish travel information on other countries?
Yes, visit our travel advice portal. Here you will:
- Country-specific guidance content, all in a similar format to this South Africa page
- Advice about Covid-19 restrictions and rules for over 200 countries
- Guidance about local legislation, regulations/guidelines, and entry requirements
- Is the country open to visitors, or is it closed?