Foods for gorgeous hair and radiant skin
No doubt all of us want beautiful hair and glowing skin. With so many cosmetic options and non-invasive treatments available, we usually forget about the natural and fascinating foods present in our kitchen. Once your diet is rich, you dream of getting a better hair and skin will turn into reality, without the need for any product whatsoever.
Here is a list of 14 foods which are going to work wonders and amaze you with the benefits:
- Avocados: avocados are becoming increasingly popular in cosmetic products like shampoos and masks. There’s a reason why! Because avocados are a rich source of monosaturated fatty acids, antioxidants, fibre, magnesium, folate and potassium.
- Walnuts: walnuts, high in omega 3 fatty acid and Vitamin E, when taken in handful quantity every day improves your skin texture and hair quality.
- Dark chocolate: dark chocolate is enriched with flavonoids. These antioxidants are helpful for reducing pigmentation, dark circles and wrinkles.
- Almonds: Vitamin E and flavonoids are great for skin and almonds are stuffed with them. Almonds help to get rid of oxidative stress and protect the body from free radicals. Since they also contain manganese and selenium; they are a top choice for lustrous mane as well.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants which are beneficial for fighting signs of ageing, fine lines, deep wrinkles and grey hair.
- Yoghurt: a cup of yoghurt is a must for checking pigmentation and hence, attaining a softer skin.
- Cucumber: cucumber contains sulphur, silica, Vitamin K, A, C and E. Silica boosts collagen production, sulphur improves skin, Vitamin K enhances the elasticity of vessels and Vitamin A, C and E amplify antioxidant production.
- Turmeric: turmeric is enriched with curcumin. This fat-soluble antioxidant is an anti-inflammatory factor. Also, turmeric works wonders to reduce pigmentation and fine tones the complexion.
- Cayenne: cayenne improves circulation and hence, makes skin softer, improves texture and even the skin tone. Having it with warm water and a squeeze of a lemon is an adieu to all skin problems.
- Sweet potatoes: rich in beta-carotene, sweet potatoes are a must for fighting signs of ageing and getting back luscious hair and brighter skin. They help in cleansing of pores that open from excessive sweating.
- Pumpkin seeds: your skin and hair also need zinc and pumpkin seeds are a rich source of it.
- Tomatoes: all sorts of skin problems can be treated well with antioxidants present in tomatoes.
- Flax seeds: flax seeds treat acne, inflammation, eczema and aids in skin cells regeneration because they are high in omega 3 fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids.
- Fatty fish: any fish loaded with omega 3 fatty acid is extremely beneficial for bright skin and beautiful hair.
Our news section features a lot more diet tips and information on foods.