Secrets for Naturally Healthy Skin
Oh God, why? Is it right to sprout a pimple every other day? Is unblemished skin too much to ask for? Yes, we all have been through such situations at least once in our life or probably more.
Flawless, acne and wrinkle-free skin is a dream for many of us. We spend heavily on beauty products and yet of no resort. Here is a list of daily skin care secrets, which when followed will look after your skin regardless of the skin type:
- Diet: eating fresh fruits, green vegetable, proteins and vitamins is a must for everyone. Vitamin C rich, fat and sugar free diet maintains a radiant skin. Avoid spicy and fermented foods as long as possible.
- Water: always keep yourself well hydrated. At least 8 glasses of water are required for glowing skin. Eating fruits with high water content like cucumber, watermelon, grapefruit, cantaloupe and strawberries should be encouraged. Don’t ever ignore rose water. It works wonders for skin by reducing puffiness around eyes, maintaining pH balances and hydrating the skin naturally.
- Skin care: adopt a daily skin care regime. Always cleanse your skin depending on the type. Never forget to pamper your skin. When you feel good, your skin will glow naturally. Gentle facial massage with nourishing oils will help your skin to relax.
- No makeup to bed: since your skin, too, needs to breathe while you are under the sheets and so, it is always advised to get rid of the makeup before heading to bed. Makeup causes the pores to clog which may result in blemishes. Always exfoliate your skin. Exfoliating the skin once or twice a week will remove layers of dead cells leaving you with a brighter skin.
- Adieu acne: washing your face with warm water thrice daily and massaging your face in circular motions with cleansers containing alpha hydroxyl acid or beta hydroxyl acid is recommended. Don’t forget to moisturise your skin with a lotion that contains benzoyl peroxide. You should even forget about picking pimples. Popping pimples lead to redness and more swelling.
- Physical fitness: regular exercises, running, jogging and yoga will increase the blood circulation and accelerate the cleansing mechanism of the body. Always omit skincare before and after a workout.
- Sleep: beauty sleep comes handy when healthier skin is in demand. Make sure that you complete 8 hours of sleep. Never forget to wash and moisturize your skin before heading for your beauty sleep.
- Sun protection: always wear sun cream before getting out in sun and be protected from harmful UV rays. Whether it’s cloudy, rainy or cold, always apply sun cream before sun exposure.
These skin secrets aren’t really secrets at all, they’re sound tip for better skin!