Travel and PCR Testing in December and January – Important Information
With Christmas just around the corner, we’d like to share some important information about travel and PCR testing in December and January.
Keeping up with demand
After an unpleasant year, many people are hoping to have an overseas holiday in December or January.
We’ve seen a surge in demand for in-clinic PCR travel tests and the mail out kits. To try and keep up with demand we have taken several measures.
- We have opened four new pop-up testing centres in Peterborough, Sheffield, Southampton, and Norwich, bringing the total to 15 across England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.
- We’ve increased capacity and extended opening hours at our existing centres.
- We’ve expanded our same-day testing services to four locations.
- We’ve opened up availability on Christmas eve and Christmas day.
Test to Release
Test to release is the government scheme which can allow travellers arriving in the UK from non-corridor country to significantly reduce their quarantine time by getting a negative result from a PCR test.
Test to release kits are available here and in-clinic bookings will be available soon. You are permitted to leave your house to take an in-clinic test to release PCR test or to post your swab sample to the lab.
We have been continuously improving our Covid-19 travel portal. Since launching the portal we have added several new features including:
- The option to sort by popularity on the list page
- A quick view of travel trends
- A graph denoting the number of new cases, deaths, and travel popularity
With information for 227 countries, the travel portal is a useful resource for anyone thinking about travelling during the pandemic.
In the next couple of weeks, we will be improving the list of testing locations to make it easier to:
- Find your nearest testing centre
- Get a quick view of availability at all locations
- See the available services at all locations
Your feedback has been invaluable in helping to improve our systems.
From the whole team here at VIVO Clinic, we hope you have a safe and happy festive season.